Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Let the Jewelry Making Begin - Again


Can I get a whup-whup?  I finally got into my little studio and started making jewelry again.  Yay!  I’m an artist who makes jewelry but I make a lot of other things too.  For some reason, that I really can’t quite explain, I hit a wall with my metal making endeavors about 6 months. I’m sure you can relate to this if you’re a fellow creative.  It wasn’t because I was burned out or uninspired.  I actually felt enormously inspired, but just wanted to make other things.  I guess I’ve just decided that I’ll never be one “type” of artist.   And while that may not be good for a working artist, who’s running a creative business, it’s still good for me as a person.  I think it’s safe to say I make something every day.  Lately my studio has been over-run with paints, brushes, gesso, gel medium, pens and other supplies.  Pretty much you name it , and it’s recently made it’s way into my studio.  I’ve been having a blast with it all.  But it’s time to get focused – as much as someone like me can get focused at least.  I have some jewelry shows coming up this fall and I can’t wait.  But I really must start preparing.  Focus – Focus - Focus

No comments:

Post a Comment