Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Wrapping Paper Tutorial

 
If you’re like me when you wrap a gift you want it to look…well….adorable.  I don’t know what it is about wrapping presents but typically I really get into it.

This idea came from the amazing Alisa Burke.  I want to be sure to give credit where credit is due.

First I started drawing flowers.  I’m totally into flowers right now because I’ve been following Alisa’s blog and am feeling seriously affected and inspired.
 Then I started adding color with water color paints.  I love working with water colors.
 Ultimately I added a little more definition with the Sharpie Pen and a few colored pencils.
 I took my finished piece and photographed it in the sun to get as bright a shot as I could.
I uploaded the image into Photoshop and started manipulating it by mirroring the image and then mirroring it again until I was able to make it the size it needed to be in order to upload it to the wrapping paper web site.
  
I uploaded it to a web site called "Spoonflower" and ordered a roll of wrapping paper made out of my image.
Arrived:  My own personal floral wrapping paper.











No comments:

Post a Comment