Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

We Are All Works In Progress


When I was a child my family had a pool.  Lucky us.  We had a patio table that had Zodiac signs engraved in the metal tabletop.  Gotta’ love growing up in the 70’s, right? I was told at a very young age that the signs on the table had a lot to do with the days on which people were born and that I, in fact, was a Pisces.  So, I came to learn that the image on the table of two fish swimming around each other was the Pisces sign.   My sister, Ellen was born exactly one year after me – on my birthday.  So the fact that I was a Pisces made total sense to me.  I assumed that I was one of the fish and that the other fish was my sister, Ellen.  And I assumed thus, that this engraving was a picture of us swimming in our backyard pool.  Ellen bought my theory for a while too.  We even, at times, would go back and forth bickering over which fish she was and which one I was.  Mom still has the table and I still love it.  I went over to her house the other day and made a rubbing out of the Pisces symbol so you could see the exact image that I’m referring to.  It was cool for me to remember it and then go back so many years later and take a close look at it again, after all these years.

Here’s a little information about we Pisces people.  Frankly, I was a bit shocked to see how close to home this little blurb hit me.  This is text taken right out of Christine Broadbent’s web site, Astrology.  So check it out if you want to learn more about your sign too.
Pisces we are the mystic of the Water signs, sometimes even a mystery to ourselves – the frequently changing ‘mutable’ Water sign.  The Water element means we are a feeling type, motivated by strong emotion, visionary impulses and feeling attachments.

As the ‘mutable’ Water sign, we flow from feeling to feeling, plan to plan, vision to vision.  This makes us highly creative or gifted at working with other people and sometimes just predictably unpredictable.  We are the sign most likely to motivate ourselves to do something by saying we will never do in again.  We are also very skilled in a helping capacity, naturally comfortable with services.  Yet we easily evoke the help of others by readily expressing vulnerability.  We are most happy when we can follow our dreams, while intimately linking with other people’s dreams.  As the dreamer our key phrase is:  “We imagine”.

Well so, my main point is it’s my birthday month.  Yay!  Another birthday is just around the corner.  Unlike so many people my age, who seem to want to shy away from their birthdays, I look forward to them.  Maybe that’s because I’ve always yearned, in a way, to be older.  That may sound odd but I’ve always felt as if becoming older would likely earn me a robust amount of experiences from which to draw, whenever I face obstacles.  Just think how much knowledge and experience older people have.  Bottom line, I really do look forward to becoming older every year. There’s always so much more to learn. 

Don’t get me wrong.  Although I do love the notion of getting older and wiser, I do (at times) yearn to stop the clock.  I’m sure a lot of people can relate to that.  I personally have a drawer full or anti-wrinkle creams and a calendar full of regularly standing hair color appointments.  Aside from my personal struggle with vanity, I need to remember that becoming older really does, in many ways, mean becoming wiser. I certainly don’t know it all and that’s why I desperately need more years under my belt.  See, I like to think I’m a “work in progress”.   Ever think of it that way?  We are all truly great works in progress.  I’m convinced.
Thanks for reading.
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment